Durham Children’s Aid Society has been protecting children in our community since 1905. We are responsible for providing child protection services to children under the age of 16 and their families who live in Durham Region. If you have concerns about a child at risk please call them immediately, at (905) 433-1551
Kinark Child and Family Services is a non-profit children’s mental health centre that provides a full range of free and confidential programs and services to children and youth with mental health issues as well as support to their families/caregivers.
Things You Should Know about Kids Help Phone:
- We’re Canada’s only toll-free, 24-hour, bilingual and anonymous phone counselling, referral and Internet service for children and youth. Every day, professional counsellors provide immediate, caring support to young people in urban and rural communities across the country.
- The service is completely, anonymous and confidential – we don’t trace calls, we don’t use call display. You don’t even have to tell us your name if you don’t want to.
- To reach a Kids Help Phone professional counsellor, kids, teens and young adults, from any community in Canada, can call or go online 24 hours a day, 365 day a year.
- From trouble with homework to dealing with loss and grief to thoughts of suicide, kids can talk to Kids Help Phone about anything. Professional counsellors provide anonymous, confidential and non-judgmental support.
- We are the only organization that has access to a database of over 37,000 local resources. That means that no matter where a kid is calling from, our professional counsellors can connect them to a service right in their community, whether they need a place to stay for the night, a way-home or a sexual health clinic.
- Our mission is to improve the well-being of children and youth in Canada by providing them anonymous and confidential professional counselling, referrals and information in English and French, through technologically-based communications media.
- To continue to improve and grow Kids Help Phone to ensure we deliver the most effective, timely and valuable counselling, referrals and information to every young person in Canada from five to 20 who could benefit from our support.